Wednesday, January 26, 2011

5 month catch up?

Blogging isn't all that fun, but looking back and reading blogs from a year ago or a few months ago makes me appreciate it. I really wouldn't have remembered all the little things I included in some of my previous posts if I hadn't read them a few minutes ago. It inspired me to do a very vague update of things that have happened since August.
I'm skipping September since I don't have photographic proof that it was even a month that existed this year. I can't remember anything significant from that month. So here's October. Ben was a Jr. Fisherman for Halloween. We took him trick-or-treating for the first time. We were in Troy and Jamey's neighborhood and only went to two houses since there were only two houses on that street that weren't pretending to not be home. Halloween was on a Sunday this year, and being the Bible Belt, Benton decided that it was going to move Halloween to Saturday, so that's when we went (thinking more people would be up to celebrating the devil if it wasn't on a Sunday...nope). We'll do better next year!


I threw this picture in because it's just Ben. He's so weird. I think this was an October or November picture.This is what Ben thought of Santa this year. Love at first sight. Actually, he was really excited when Santa came out of the courthouse with Mrs. Claus and everyone was clapping and waving, but when it came time to sit him in Santa's lap.....nope.

It made for a better picture. Anyway, Ben's favorite Christmas movie was Rudolph. He now thinks that any deer is called "dudah" (Rudolph). He also says "No, No Bumble!" while watching Rudolph and the abominable snow monster comes on the screen. He ran over to us and stood next to us pointing at the screen telling the bumble no until it was all over. We must have watched that movie at least 50 times in the weeks before Christmas.


We spent Christmas Eve at Ron and Rhonda's out in Hot Springs and Christmas day at Troy and Jamey's. I really like that routine. This was our Christmas day picture at Troy and Jameys. I'm wearing a shirt Chris got me for Christmas, which he based on the clothing that I bought Melissa from Maurices at Christmas. He's a good boy.

We had a great 2010 and hope to have an even better 2011! Right now we're working on planning Ben's birthday party. I think it's going to be mostly family this year. It's less stressful, plus, Ben doesn't really care about playing with other kids yet, so it'll be easier. He's obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine right now, so it's going to be a train themed party. I bought plates and napkins and decorations that have a train on them and instead of saying "choo choo" is says 2, 2! Because he's turning two. It's so surreal to me that it's been almost 2 years since I had him. He's already practicing the terrible twos with an occassional attitude and a constant testing of his parent's patience. I still love that baby. Oh yeah, and today, while in class, another child threw up on the floor and Ben picked it up with his bare hands. Wonderful. I had to write that memory down since it's something I think I'm going to try to supress deep down in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment