Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Last Few Weeks


Ben taking a nap on Troy and Jamey's spare bedroom bed.


I'm kind of sad I only wrote one blog for the month of July. I've been very busy with work I've had to take home. Only a few mildly interesting things happened. It's been very stormy here over the last few weeks. Saturday morning our yard flooded with all the water that had poured from down the streets. Apparently our house sits at a lower part of the neighborhood. I went outside and played in it.




After it stopped raining and the water stopped flowing through our yard, we went up to Cakery Affairs in Bryant to plan Ben's 6 month birthday cake. I know there's no REAL point in it, but mostly I've just been craving cake and need an excuse to have a cute one. I brought in a picture of a cartoon giraffe I want on it, and then I drew a little tree with the words "Happy 6 month Ben" written in different parts of it. I asked if the giraffe could have some leaves in it's mouth to make it look like it's eating the tree. It's a chocolate cake with white icing. We'll see how they do with this cake. If it's cute (and delicious) we'll probably go back in 6 months to order his 1 year birthday cake. I can't believe my baby is already almost 6 months old!! Ben is babbling like crazy now! Right now I'm listening to him in his jumperoo and he sounds like he's saying "dadadadada" and "ayeyayaya" When he's mad is when he really sounds like he's saying something. He uses his angry tones and looks you in the eye and yells at you. He also sounds like a mad Louie Armstrong with his deep gurgly growly voice. He rolls over all the time now. Belly to back and back to belly. Here is a picture taken of him immediately after he rolled from belly to back. It was the first time I'd actually watched him do it. I was trying to get video of it, but the batteries were almost dead.
Sunday Tiffany came over and took a whole bunch of pictures that I LOVE! She has them on her flickr account, but here are a few of my favorites. Oh, and Ben doesn't smile outside. Nature is too distracting.

Look at the little belly on my baby! This is one of my favorite pictures of just Ben. He's using the grass to hold himself up. I was right behind him, waiting for him to tip over. Which he did.

1 comment:

  1. He's kind of looking like he wants to smile in some of them.

    ReplyDelete