Saturday, December 26, 2009

5am Wake Up Call

Christmas Eve morning, at about 5am, I was in bed listening to our baby monitor. Ben seemed to be SO MUCH LOUDER than normal, so I played with the volume controls and realized that it was on the lowest setting. He was very happy and talking away about something VERY EXCITING in his bedroom. I decided to go take a look.

I slowly opened the door to his bedroom and saw this.



He was standing in his crib! He hasn't done this before, so I went and grabbed my camera and took some pictures to document this marvel. He was so PROUD of himself. The reason he was so much louder is because his head was so much closer to the monitor receiver. Ben has been a relatively bruise-free child thus far, but I'm sure this is going to change things. Anyway, I took a few pictures, then went back into our bedroom to wake up Chris and show him. I decided I wanted a video clip of it, so I went back into his room and took one, but it won't download! Don't you hate the sound of your own voice on video?

So after I shot a video, I went back into the bedroom and woke Chris up again and made him watch. He was a good husband and laughed appropriately instead of getting grumpy with me, which is good because I don't deal well with grumpy.

Here are a few pictures of Ben at school. He fell asleep with a ball in his crib and he got to see Santa at Civitan. He made the same face as he did with the other Santa he saw. Just stared. He looks so portly on Santa's lap. :)







1 comment: