Saturday, January 9, 2010

No More Mullet!!

Today Ben got his first haircut! We went to a lady who cuts hair in Haskell. Diane gets her hair cut there. It cost $10, which I'm sure is much cheaper than if I had taken him where I get my hair done. He doesn't need highlights, so I figured this was okay.
The lady who cut his hair, Eve, looked at his hair when he first came in and said "wow, he needs a haircut", then when she asked how old he was (almost 11 months) and she said "OOOhh, you can't get his haircut before he's one, that's bad luck!" I said meh, and Tiffany said "yeah, but he has a mullet", and I think a mullet justifies a before one haircut. It'd be different if Ben had straight hair, but it's actually kind of curly and is very messy looking at the length that it was.Here's the before picture of the back of his head.

He's starting to question things...
Still questioning things. He started to get fussy, so I tried to distract him with a toy car.Tada! No more mullet!He just got done crying. His haircut ended in crying. He looks so nerdy in this picture!
There, he got a sucker for all his hard work. He LOVED it! It made me nervous because he started to bite down on it and pulling it back further in his mouth, so sucker time ended rather quickly. But blue tongue lasted for a few hours.

We went back home and Diane came over after she got her hair cut. While we were showing her our new comforter set on our bed, Ben spit up on it, right in the middle. We wiped it up and it's clean now, but still....I think that child knows exactly what he's doing.

2 comments:

  1. Haha in the picture where you said he looks so nerdy I was going to say that he has the same haircut as Unkie Reid.

    ReplyDelete