Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ben's First Snow

We finally got 'winter' weather here in Arkansas! It was the best weekend! We didn't have school on Friday because of the ice and sleet. There really wasn't that much snow, but the ice was cool. This is a picture Chris took Friday night.
Ben stayed Thursday night through Saturday afternoon at Mimi's. We couldn't go get him because the roads were bad, but Mimi didn't have to work and loved spending the time with him, so it wasn't a big deal. She did lose power for a few hours Saturday morning, but it came back on before her house got cold. These pictures were taken in her backyard in Mabelvale.

Ben liked the snow. We took off his glove so he could feel how cold it was. I scraped a little snow off the ground and put it in my hand. Ben took it out of my hand and ate it. He really liked it because I did it three more times and every time I did, he took his pudgy little fingers and pinched a chunk of snow and ate it. I'd like to think that Ben has inherited his Washington and Alaska roots.


Ben was doing a little dance in this picture. He wouldn't hold still or look at the camera. He was interested in the neighbor dog that wouldn't stop barking while we were out there. He was doing a good job attempting to walk on the snow, even taking a few steps without me holding on, but he didn't know that I wasn't holding on, so I don't count that as walking by himself.



I just thought this picture was funny. Ben was disturbed by the hood of his jacket.


Happy snow day! I miss the snow, but not enough to want it every day.





No comments:

Post a Comment