Saturday, May 16, 2009

Baby Clothes Anyone? (Chrissy)

So there comes a point in every new mama's life in which she has to start putting away clothes that don't fit her growing child. This takes HOURS. Especially when your child is spoiled and has too many clothes to begin with. The hardest thing is to figure out what you'll be keeping and what you're giving away. Luckily for me, there are two women at my work who are pregnant and having boys, so any clothes that I decide not to keep goes to them. I spent all day sorting clothes in Ben's closet and drawers. There are clothes that he's never even worn that I'm giving away because Arkansas is already too warm for him to be wearing long sleeved shirts and pants. I'm also keeping a lot of clothes that have sentimental meaning, like the outfit he wore home from the hospital, my favorite dinosaur onesie, my favorite overalls, etc. I also kept a lot of clothes that were still in new condition in case Chris and I ever have another boy. You never know....
I've come to realize that I don't really call Ben by his name. I have a thing about nicknames. Chris and I are really good at coming up with different things to call Ben. And then the nicknames take on their own nicknames.
I started with Benito -->Benini-->Nini Bear-->Bear.
I also call him Sirsie (like when I tell him "No Sir"!), and doo doo. :)
Chris has gone with Benny Binkleman, Benny Boodleburg, Boo Boo, Bobopie, Benelope, and ninerbucket. But the most common one for Chris to call him is definately Boo Boo.
He's going to be one of those kids who just stares at you when you ask them what their name is. Or he could be like one of the kids at the preschool I work at. When I ask them what their name is and they tell me they're 4 and hold up 3 fingers. Sad sad day.

2 comments:

  1. Is doo doo just because Chris is poops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I think that's where it came from. Or one time Chris called him Boo Boo after Ben had taken a dump and I changed it to doo doo.

    ReplyDelete