Thursday, May 14, 2009

New Blog (Chrissy)

I know we're probably not going to keep up with this very well, but we're really going to try. I figured that I'll probably be the one who blogs the most, but Chris might have a random thought every once in a while. I'm also going to try to make sure I put my name next to the title of the blog so that you guys can tell who's talking. Genius, I know.

Through Melissa's review of the new Star Trek movie, I decided that if she liked it, then I'd like it. And I really did like it. Like, REALLY liked it. I almost cried at the beginning of the movie and got pissed off at myself because I was not going to cry at a Trekkie movie. Chris is a big fan of Star Trek. As most of you know, Christopher Kirk Allen is named after Captain Christopher Pike and Captain Jim Kirk. We also house a Star Trek comforter (twin sized) in our garage. It's Chris' old one from when he was really little. I just asked him how long he's had that comforter, and he said "longer than I remember". That means he probably had it when he was 15. Anyways, it was a good movie and I highly recommend it to anyone, Trekkie or not.

Ben is just getting cuter. He is talking all the time now. He talks more to me than he does to Chris, but I also think that it's because I talk to him way more than Chris does. I can see that he's going to be one of those kids who asks a lot of questions. It's going to be annoying. He's also started squealing when I play with him. He likes the game "mama's going to get your belly" which just consists of me saying "mama's going to get your belly" and slowly moving my mouth toward his tummy. He can't stand the anticipation and sometimes squeals about it. He also laughs and smiles while we do this. It's funny because when I finally blow on his belly, it's rock hard from being tense. Funny little guy.

2 comments:

  1. Ha I cried at a Trekkie movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is PINK.

    I never knew Chris's name was so nerdy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete