Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Nerdy Baby Boy (Chrissy)

Ben's been cooing and laughing (his attempt at it) a lot lately. This morning he woke Chris and I up at about 5am because of a conversation he was having with the giraffe on his mobile. Sometimes he talks smack to it, but this morning it seemed to be a pleasant conversation, just really loud. We've also discovered Ben's favorite time to talk is while we're talking. I might have mentioned this before, but he's actually quite rude. In a funny way. If you're talking to him, he interrupts and starts cooing louder and louder to cover your voice. Chris came up with a knock knock joke for Ben. It's like "knock knock" "WHO'S THERE" "interrupting Ben" "INTERRUPTING BEN WHO" (while the second person says interrupting Ben who? you say ehhhhh...like Ben would say, interrupting the other person).

Today he got mad at me because I was talking to another baby in the baby room (at work/school) and Ben was sitting in a bouncy seat about 7 feet away from me. I was talking baby talk to this other baby and Ben kept yelling at me. I would look over at him and tell him I'm talking to someone else and I'll be there in a minute. Ben just kept staring at me and yelling until he finally started crying so I would go over there and pick him up. He was jealous.

So You Think You Can Dance started tonight. It's my summer show and it was very entertaining. It's like the other show that has new episodes over the summer. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. It's like American Idol, but with dancing. Chris and I are watching HOUSE and House asked a patient to name an animal that starts with the letter B, and the kid just stared at him for like 20 seconds and finally said "baby elephant". I don't know why that was so funny.

2 comments:

  1. So You Think You Can Dance is one of our favorite shows too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw that episode of House... was the kid twitchy? Or did he have a brain problem? I can't really remember...I watched a marathon one day, but I thought the baby elephant thing was good too. Also I like the interrupting Ben joke.

    ReplyDelete